Julie Harrington, RDN, CPC
I have joined the Living Plate team as a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist and wear many hats! In addition to being the Culinary Program Facilitator, I also manage our social media and coordinate our meal plans. With “food first” being the philosophy of the Living Plate team, my strong culinary background is a great match as together we bring nutrition education to life through food.
Through my work in the Living Plate kitchen, I guide you to use foods that positively impact your health. As nutrition experts, dietitians have the evidence-based knowledge – translating this knowledge into delicious recipes is my greatest joy! When eating can be healthy, simple, and tasty, meeting your health goals is a cinch and life-long behavioral changes stick.
You may also see me in the community doing cooking demonstrations and presentations with our community partners and for our research projects.
When I am not at Living Plate, I continue working in the kitchen testing new recipes for my blog, RDelicious Kitchen.
- BS Culinary Nutrition, Concentrations in Leadership Studies and Biology, Johnson & Wales University
- Dietetic Internship, College of Saint Elizabeth
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist
- Certified Personal Chef
- Previous experience as a Supermarket RD
- Culinary Nutrition Communications Consultant
- Cookbook Author
- Active Member NJ Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Region 3 Co-chair 2016-2017
- Recipe Contest Winner
- Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges Nominee